Turns out the blue light from coming from all the electronics in our lives has been shown to suppress melatonin production and even change our important circadian rhythms. Orange Glasses block Blue Light. See this blog post for details
Studies have shown that using blue blocking Orange Glasses when looking at phones, computers or pads at night can block the blue light. The National Sleep Foundation Recommends powering down all devices 2 hours before bed OR you can try wearing these blue-blocking orange glasses when it gets dark.
Personally, I love them.
There’s been a couple of studies done about the efficacy of wearing them. -One from 2014 shows that teenagers who wore orange tinted glasses a few hours before sleep were significantly sleepier when they wore the glasses.
- Try these Orange glasses as an inexpensive way to block blue light. These are economical wrap-around single lens and provide a full panoramic view and we recommend wearing them 2 to 3 hours before bedtime.
- They are tested to block 86% of Blue light on the 400-700nm scale.
- Soft non-slip rubber temple tips provide non-binding fit
- Integrated nose piece
- Offers high contrast and low light image resolution
- Offers protection from excessive glare
- Provides 99% protection from harmful UV-A and UV-B rays
- 100% polycarbonate lenses
- Scratch-resistant lenses